Age of Valor
login.php?sid=187567de2150833264deee2d46277fd4 profile.php?mode=register&sid=187567de2150833264deee2d46277fd4 faq.php?sid=187567de2150833264deee2d46277fd4 memberlist.php?sid=187567de2150833264deee2d46277fd4 search.php?sid=187567de2150833264deee2d46277fd4 index.php?sid=187567de2150833264deee2d46277fd4
Site Links: Home :: Donate :: Features :: Connection Guide

Age of Valor Forum Index » News » Iceteks Forums Migration Progress Goto page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:44 pm Reply with quote
ycontrol

Hey man! Good to hear from you. Don't worry about the sigs. Don't worry about anything. I don't really need that stuff.

I have been up to lots. I have a 1 year old baby girl named "Ethereal Raven Duggan". Yeah a bit of a hippie name but I was going for something that hopefully other kids didn't have...at least for a bit. Unfortunately some people like her name too much and want to steal it. We call her "Ethie" for short. She is as smart as a whip and started walking at 9 months, then moved on to climbing. Her mom is a circus trainer so she is pretty well coordinated for a 1 year old.
By the way she was born at home on the living room floor (not on purpose) but everything went great. Happy and healthy mommy and baby.

How are you?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Red Squirrel
AoV Owner

Wow congrats! I'm doing great, I'm on my 10th year of working full time now for the phone company at the NOC (worked IT for a few years first), and had a house for around 7? years. I lost track. Time goes crazy fast these days. But pretty much same old.

Lots of projects I want to work on, so little time and motivation. Razz

my blog

Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:57 pm Reply with quote
ycontrol

Yeah I remember you and I bought our homes right around the same time. I was following your blog when you were renovating the house and setting up servers in a section of your house that...was not previously used for computer equipment and servers....

I'm at my same job going on 13 years now, moved up to general manager. More responsibility with...more responsibility.

If you get the anything forums (or a version of it) up and going again, is there any of the old crew that will actually be around or even in the know to be active on the boards?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:46 am Reply with quote
Red Squirrel
AoV Owner

Yeah I'm hoping that the old crew eventually shows up. I will keep all links active so it goes to the new forum. There will be a password reset feature to get your old account back.

I slacked way too long though, I really should have done this sooner. Most people probably moved on by now, and forums in general are dying. Like even the big ones don't have as many posts as before, due to social media and stuff.

my blog

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:53 am Reply with quote
Red Squirrel
AoV Owner

Just a quick update, I am working on a completely unrelated project, but some of the code will actually be reusable for the back end of the forum authentication system. I still want to create a separate auth system for the forum so that it can be used for other stuff such as the shard itself, the uogateway shard submission system, and future stuff such as a wiki. The idea is that any system I impliment will have a single login. It will make it easier for everyone.

So while not much progress has been made on the forums as of late, I have not forgotten about this.

I sometimes wonder if I have ADD. Seriously, lol. I'm bad for getting side tracked from big projects.

In fact I'm writing this post when I should be working on something else. Razz

my blog

Iceteks Forums Migration Progress
Age of Valor Forum Index » News