Age of Valor
login.php?sid=bf6557947f42536f6ce4692238a10594 profile.php?mode=register&sid=bf6557947f42536f6ce4692238a10594 faq.php?sid=bf6557947f42536f6ce4692238a10594 memberlist.php?sid=bf6557947f42536f6ce4692238a10594 search.php?sid=bf6557947f42536f6ce4692238a10594 index.php?sid=bf6557947f42536f6ce4692238a10594
Site Links: Home :: Features :: Connection Guide

Age of Valor Forum Index » General Age of Valor Discussion » Dread Horn Goto page 1, 2  Next
Dread Horn
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Shanks

Any tips/tactics, Usually on other servers i complete this with 1 tamer 1 sampire, however that doesn't seem to be the case with the advanced AI. :)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:13 am Reply with quote
Death
AoV Administrator

Should be weakest to physical resist and may be succeptible to fey on aov (doesnt normally have a slayer). Maybe try that out. I'll have to QC that peerless at some point as the stats and abilities prob need an update. It's been like 7 years since that was looked at.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:00 am Reply with quote
Shanks

tried it with two archers both pretty beefy, i personally have rage set and whatnot, got annhilated lmao. will check on fey slayer though thanks for the tip.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:51 am Reply with quote
Ixxie

yeah we got absolutely obliterated, like 2 hits Wink
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:12 am Reply with quote
Death
AoV Administrator

Ixxie wrote:
yeah we got absolutely obliterated, like 2 hits Wink

Ya that does not seen right o_O. I'll have to take a look. Mobs tend to like to mana dump on people but can control the intensity setting. It might need an adjustment
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:15 am Reply with quote
Red Squirrel
AoV Owner

A lot of the mobs here were also designed to be very hard and require team work... which is problematic when there's only 2 people online in average. Razz I do want to look into making more solo friendly mobs/bosses at some point. I'd like to keep the hard stuff hard, but just make more easy/average stuff that is worth doing.

For peerless specifically we may also look at a system that alter the mobs difficulty based on party size.

my blog

Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Shanks

Yeah, just trying to figure out best combo to solo this, most likely going to need tamer/disco archer & see if slayers work.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:50 am Reply with quote
Death
AoV Administrator

Okay, so just took a look at the Dread Horn script and it appears as though his abilities are off. His 'Gaze of Despair' ability is supposed to reduce your STR/DEX/INT by 20 (reduced with resist skill). However, this acts as a resist reduction, which will also results in the player taking more damage (akin to rune beetles). This would cause Dread Horn to be a lot more overpowered than it normally would be.

I had planned to QC the ML dungeons at some point later on, as ML content has not been re-evaluated for a good 7 years. I can expedite that change and revise Dread Horn to what it should be. For now, hold on to your keys if you can, or you can try the current Dread Horn as a challenge.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:53 am Reply with quote
Death
AoV Administrator

It's also confirmed to be vulnerable to fey slayer on AOV....because it's a freaking unicorn, and that's the way it should be! (normally doesn't have a slayer).
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Shanks

Awesome, I already blew my
Keys will have to get another set, it would be cool to expedite that lmao. Will probably make it solo able afterwards
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Death
AoV Administrator

Shanks wrote:
Awesome, I already blew my
Keys will have to get another set, it would be cool to expedite that lmao. Will probably make it solo able afterwards

Ya lol that resist render would be brutal! Rune beetles alone are nasty with that, I can only imagine it on Dread Horn.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Shanks

Man lol it's literal 2-3 hits maybe if I don't get explo fsd
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:02 am Reply with quote
ggkthx

Red Squirrel wrote:
A lot of the mobs here were also designed to be very hard and require team work... which is problematic when there's only 2 people online in average. Razz I do want to look into making more solo friendly mobs/bosses at some point. I'd like to keep the hard stuff hard, but just make more easy/average stuff that is worth doing.

For peerless specifically we may also look at a system that alter the mobs difficulty based on party size.

I have soloed Dread Horn on here 2 or 3 times, though don't take that as claiming it is too easy. And I was using 2 chars.

I didn't choose the Fel life, the Fel life chose me.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:00 pm Reply with quote
dprantl

Does 2 hours and over ~100 deaths qualify as easy? Even with the best char and gear, you never know when that thing feels like dropping you in an instant. Also, it used to be easier some time in the past, then got an insane bump.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Death
AoV Administrator

Think that ability was always coded incorrectly, back in the day when ml was brand new and information was scarce. The way it is coded now would be like fighting a supreme rune beetle on a small island. Definitely not the way it was intended to be.
Dread Horn
Age of Valor Forum Index » General Age of Valor Discussion